Saturday, December 31, 2005

2005 Movie Haiku Index

So as the year draws to a close I thought I'd publish a handy index of all the films that I've seen at the cinema this year - yes, all 113 of them - alongside my star rating for each. Click on the film title to read the haiku... and review, where applicable.

I actually saw 116 films in total at the cinema - I ended up seeing The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, The Devil's Rejects and Born To Fight all twice - so beating last year's total by nine.

Only seven films attained the coveted five star rating, although in hindsight The Devil's Rejects should have been given the maximum rating, but I missed the last fifteen minutes of it on my first viewing. Looking back, I stand by all my star ratings except perhaps for The Aviator, Be Cool and Fantastic Four who appear to have benefited from some overly generous reviews and in retrospect ought to lose a star each. And I only walked out of two films this year - The Sea Inside and Day Of The Dead 2: Contagium.

No comments: