Tuesday, November 01, 2005

November Live

Okay, it's the start of a band new month, so here's some things that are happening around the city in November...

02/11 - Chart-friendly singer-songwriter Lucie Silvas is playing at the Dome. If you would like FREE tickets to this show then please email me - this is a genuine offer.

03/11 - Hard Fi are performing at the Concorde. I quite like their singles but don't know that they inspire me enough to go and check out their live show.

10/11 - I've been a fan of New Order for around twenty years now, yet have never managed to see them live in concert - until now. I've got tickets for their London date at Brixton Academy, so can't wait to see them. Actually, I still have one spare standing ticket, so if anyone needs a ticket then please get in contact with me via email.

15/11 - I'm due to be working on the Martha Wainwright show at the Corn Exchange which should be exciting as I missed her show at the Komedia earlier this year. Meanwhile over at the Brighton Centre there's Franz Ferdinand who've come a long way since they last played in Brighton at the Concorde back in 2004.

17/11 - The last time I saw former Skunk Anansie singer Skin play at the Concorde I was absolutely wasted, but my friends tell me she put on a good show. Now I get another chance to see her - and new single Alone In My Room bodes well.

18/11 - The League Of Gentlemen bring their demented pantomine to the local people of Brighton for two nights at the Brighton Centre. I'm trying to get hold of some tickets for the show as I type this...

20/11 - A potentially good double-bill at the Concorde with Sons + Daughters and Clor performing live. Don't know too much about either band, but their recent singles have been pretty good.

24/11 - I last saw Astrid Williamson play at the Sanctuary on my birthday a few years back. She's got a new album due for release in early 2006, so this gig at the Komedia should showcase some of her new songs.

26/11 - A quick plug for the FrightFest evening at the Duke of York's cinema as part of this year's Cine-City festival - the guys are going to be screening previews of Boo! and District 13. Hope to see you there!

29/11 - The Prodigy are back at the Brighton Centre to promote their recent greatest hits album. I remember seeing them at the Centre when they were touring The Fat Of The Land... in fact that would have been eight years ago when I was still working there, jeez how time flies!

30/11 - What with the McGarrigle sisters playing here last weekend and Martha playing on the 15th, it's a bit of a family affair for the Wainwright clan this month. Now it's the turn of Rufus Wainwright, returning to the Dome after last Autumn's sold out show. This one's a sell out too - November's hottest ticket.

Right that's you lot for this month. Looking ahead to 2006 tickets are already on sale for The Go! Team at the Corn Exchange in February, and I'm also hearing rumours about future shows by Primal Scream, The Mighty Boosh and cult author Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club)... so watch this space!

3 comments:

soulmining said...

Kannan, my friend, your profile lists your favourite movies as "I don't watch movies," your favourite music as "Christian music," and you favourite books as "The Holy Bible, The Pilgrim's Progress and Physics handbook".

Dude, I'm not seeing much common ground here.

Thanks for the invite all the same.

Kelly said...

I'm gutted! Really wanted Hard Fi tickets but they were sold out ages ago. If you like the singles the albulm is a good listen, I like it more and more everytime I listen to it.

soulmining said...

Mmmmmm... maybe I should have got tickets after all... probably a bit too late now. (Sighs)