Monday, November 21, 2005

Man Stroke Woman Stroke Minor Celebrities - Get Me Out Of Here!

Faced with the horrifying prospect of the return of Chris Evan's smug, grinning, ginger face on OFI Sunday last night, I quickly switched over to BBC Three. In theory, a good move judging from Vik's comments.

Instead I watched Man Stroke Woman, the much-heralded new sketch show starring the likes of Nick Frost (Shaun Of The Dead) and Nicholas Burns (Nathan Barley). Two laughs in thirty minutes is not a good comedy-per-sketches ratio. Frankly, it's a piss poor effort. And just like BBC Three's dismal second series of Nighty Night, I just know it won't get any better no matter how many more chances I give it. Channel 4's similarly themed Spoons did it much better.

Earlier in the evening I found myself watching the new series of I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here in which another ten micro-celebrities humiliate themselves in the Australian jungle for AntandDec's entertainment. Someone I didn't recognise from Eastenders kept fainting a lot and had to go to hospital, someone I didn't recognise from Emmerdale refused to do a parachute jump - and that was before she even got to camp - Mr Orange (aka David Dickinson) bossed Rickyyyyy (Sid Owen - the most likely winner) around in their 'bush tucker challenge', and we got to watch Carol Thatcher having a wee-wee in the night. No-one needs to see that image on television. Ever. Yet with the creeping inevitability of a dog returning to its own vomit, I know I'll be watching again tonight...

2 comments:

soulmining said...

"You devote so much of your life to watching Big bloody Brother..."

What, you mean one hour a day, seven days a week, for eleven weeks of the year?

Yeah, you got me there. F*cker.

soulmining said...

Yes Lenny, I know - and you were right. Guilty as charged.

And yeah, it was pretty funny..!