Sunday, November 20, 2005

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

I've been doing a lot of thinking this weekend.

Blogging is supposed to be fun, never a chore, yet recently my movie reviews have become just that - something done out of a sense of duty, rather than out of pleasure. The real problem is that my cinema addiction means that I see on average two films a week (I've seen 101 films at the cinema this year to date) and that's a lot of reviewing to do. Maybe it's just laziness on my part, but I'm just finding that it's eating into my life too much and I've got to stop. I was going to wait until the New Year, but it's no good... it's just zapping away at my energy and making me feel down, so no more.

The haikus will continue, along with my ratings, and I'll still write reviews for genre films - but these will be exclusively for the Eat My Brains website.

Of course I reserve the right to change my mind at any time, so this post could turn out to be a load of old bollocks!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

It's a shame that you feel like that but as you say this is meant to be fun so you shouldn't feel beholden to it!

James Moran said...

Exactly, it's your blog - you don't want it to start feeling like a job. You can always do a review if you really want to say something about a movie, but the haikus usually tell me all I need to know - particularly the "not much gardening" finale, I almost sprayed my coffee over the keyboard...

Kelly said...

I'm just thinking - how do you know you have seen 101 films? Do you keep all the ticket stubs (I do but I think I have been to the cinema 6 times this year!)

Anonymous said...

Stop sulking, and start typing.