Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Gemma Hayes at Brighton Centre

Gemma Hayes walks onstage and the lads standing next to me immediately shout out, "Get your top off!" W*nkers. It made me think, do they behave like this every time they see a pretty lady going about her job? Do they holler these same words to the waitresses in Starbucks or the cashiers on the tills in Sainsburys? I doubt it. W*nkers. It's great to see Gemma back on the live circuit again after a two year absence. Mixing songs from her debut album and her latest release The Roads Don't Love You (out this week) she played for about 40 minutes and really won the crowd over. Let's hope she returns to Brighton soon on a headline tour.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

What type of music does she play? I have never heard of her before :o)

Unknown said...

I'd go to her gigs if I knew she took her top off! (JOKE)