Monday, January 30, 2006

Terry Gilliam and Christopher Lee confirmed for BKKIFF

While I'm still waiting for the full programme of films to be announced, the BKKIFF have just confirmed a couple of mouth-watering special events for next month's festival.

The first is a masterclass with Terry Gilliam in which he will talk about his career as a film director, his involvement with Monty Python, as well as his early career as a cartoonist. There will also be an opportunity for members of the audience to ask their own questions.


The second event is a special screening of the classic 1974 Bond movie, The Man With The Golden Gun, which of course was partly filmed on the island of Phang Nga Bay in Southern Thailand. After the film, Scaramanga himself - the legendary Christopher Lee - will take part in a conversation and Q&A with the audience.

I think I have found two unmissable events for my diary!

More BKKIFF updates to follow...

2 comments:

James Moran said...

Sweet! Hope you get to chat to them, in your press role. Exclusive interviews for EMB, perhaps? If you do, say hi to Gilliam for me, thank him for voting for my short script all those years ago, even though he didn't like it much :)

Are you going to exercise self control, and stop yourself asking Lee to record a voicemail greeting message for your phone? I wouldn't be able to. Please... Leave... A MESSAGE!

soulmining said...

Well, I should be able to attend the Q&As... whether they're doing any interview requests I don't know... but if you have any questions you've been dying to ask then post them here and I'll see what I can do!