Wednesday, February 09, 2005

KT Tunstall at the Komedia


The tell-tale sign of a good gig - I bought the CD on my way into work this morning! I'd only previously heard the four tracks on her first EP but my instincts were right; she's another vastly talented female singer-songwriter. Imagine Imogen Heap (Frou Frou), Bic Runga or Fiona Apple and you're in the right kinda ballpark. KT opened with Other Side of the World and I was immediately hooked. Despite her misbehaving guitar and forgetting her precious white leather skirt, she put on a great performance showcasing songs from her debut album. Highlights included forthcoming single Black Horse and the Cherry Tree, and a longer, rockier version of False Alarm. The gig finished with a solo acoustic performance of Throw me a Rope which left the audience spellbound and wanting more. The good news is that she's back in Brighton in May when she'll be playing at the Concorde. You can also keep up to date with all of her stuff at her website, www.kttunstall.com

No comments: