Thursday, June 08, 2006

A slow news day

My best mate Dave (left) got back from Thailand yesterday after seven months away. As it was my day off I offered to go up to Gatwick to meet him... a nice idea until I realised that it meant being there for 7am! Despite the jetlag he really made me laugh, telling me he'd managed to drink ten small bottles of red wine during the flight to Doha, had lost his wallet (which he then found in his back pocket while we were on the coach... typical Dave) and somehow managed to keep hold of his excess duty free cigarettes when customs had searched his bags! Welcome home Dave!

I bumped into Jamie when I went to see The Omen remake yesterday lunchtime so we got our tickets and sat together. What I didn't know was that in the twelve months since I last saw Jamie he's renounced all his vices (sex, drugs and booze) and become a born-again christian. Which meant I had to listen to him earnestly tell me how the world is going to Hell, how all of the story (The Omen) is written in the scriptures, and how the Antichrist is coming but Jesus will return to save us all... Next week: One of Brighton's boy racers attempts to educate me on the proper method of 'drifting' as I attempt to watch The Fast And The Furious: Tokyo Drift.

Blah blah blah World Cup blah blah blah Wayne Rooney... oh please, just shut up now! Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for the actual football to start, but all this build up and minute by minute speculation... enough! Another thing I hate... the fact that every single advert on telly has to have a football theme. And just how many times can record companies repackage the same old football songs onto compilation CDs? And cars with England flags on them, they're sh*t too.

No comments: