Thursday, June 01, 2006

June Live

With Brighton Festival finally over for another year and the World Cup almost upon us, the live entertainment scene for June seems quite threadbare by comparison! Still, looking ahead we're already selling tickets for Lostprophets, The Kooks, Sparks, Imogen Heap and Boy Kill Boy, so there's some shows to look forward to later in the year. Anyway, here's my pick of what's on around town this month:

01/06 - Tonight sees Hot Chip down at the Concorde who I last saw down there supporting Soulwax, whilst over at Brighton Centre you can see the poptastic Girls Aloud.

04/06 - At last I can get to see Zero 7 as they return to the Dome (I missed their previous two gigs here) on tour to promote the release of their new album The Garden. Jose Gonzalez and Sia will be joining the band to provide vocals.

14/06 - I came so close yesterday to getting a ticket for the special acoustic performance by Foo Fighters at London's Victoria Apollo, but it sold out immediately. Might try and get a return though, as I haven't seen them live since the Phoenix festival in 1996.

18/06 - Rock legends The Who are playing a gig at Brighton Centre as a warm up for their Summer stadium shows.

25/06 - A bit of comedy tonight as Dylan Moran returns to the Dome with his latest stand up show Like Totally... I'm going to be working on that one, otherwise I'd probably be down at the Concorde where Regina Spektor (who's worked with The White Stripes) is playing.

No comments: