Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Shek O Beach

Shek O beach, far away in time

I've been feeling ill today. It's like having a hangover without the pleasure of drinking the night before. Whether it's delayed jet-lag, dehydration or some dodgy noodles I don't know, but I've been walking around in a complete daze... Still, a trip to the beach soon perked me up. We caught the Star Ferry over to HK island again, then took a tram to the end of the line at Shau Kei Wan, then caught a bus to Shek O on the South-East side of the island. It was like being in another country! The beach was amazing, there can't have been more than twenty people on the whole stretch.



Hong Kong skyline

This evening we came down to the Avenue Of Stars on the waterfront to watch the symphony of lights across the harbour which was pretty impressive stuff! It's been a great few days here in HK.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow - it all looks so amazing. I am glad that you are having such a good time and I'm happy to know you are safe.

Thanks for your kind words on my blog and I hope that you are feeling better soon.

Kelly said...

Oh, I missed that before - is the Shek O beach photo caption a Martha and the Muffins reference?

I've just shown Tez your blog (selectively) and she's all I've been there and been on that!

soulmining said...

Well spotted, I wondered if you'd get my subtle reference!! Please thank Tez for the guide, it proved very useful.

Nikita said...

Hey babe, great you enjoy the trip! Sorry I was not around...