Sunday, February 05, 2006

Aches On A Plane

Did dressing up smartly and acting politely get me an upgrade? No. The flight was packed. So packed that I couldn't even get an aisle seat and was forced to sit in one of those horrible seats right in the middle of the plane - for twelve long hours. I flew with Cathay Pacific, Airline of the Year 2005, and their service was impeccible and courteous, but I didn't feel they quite beat the service I've had with Emirates, and certainly the entertainment was a little lacking - I did get to watch Johnnie To's Election however. Still, that bright spark aside, it was one of the most uncomfortable long haul flights I've ever had to endure.

The good news is that I have made it to Hong Kong safely!

4 comments:

James Moran said...

Oh blimey, I didn't realise it was happening so soon. I mean, I did, but forgot, and then it was suddenly February, and 2006 is nearly over now... Glad you made it over there okay, let's have plenty of photos and updates soon.

Oh! Oh! Latest issude of Empire has a short article on the net buzz surrounding Snakes On A Plane - they have a photo. Of a snake. On a man. On a plane.

Anonymous said...

dam i wanted to ask if they were any snakes on his plane :P

gary

James Moran said...

Looks like EMB have nabbed some nifty Snakes On A Plane pictures - they have shots of actual snake-on-plane action, and Sam Jackson flashing his badge and demanding info about said snakes. Wicked.

soulmining said...

Yes, I saw the Empire article... now everyone knows about it... I wore my Snakes On A Plane t-shirt on the plane. No one commented on it.