Thursday, February 02, 2006

Jambusters!

It's another tale of office politics. As I have discovered to my cost (please refer to my Celebrations incident), hording food of any kind in your own personal drawer is just not the done thing here. Yet last week it came to light that our esteemed boss, Mr Cotton, was doing just that with a pot of special Frank Cooper's strawberry jam. Oh dear... the workers were not impressed.

The revolution was swift and decisive. On Saturday - in Cotton's absence - the pot of jam was liberated from its hiding place and consumed, a pot of Tesco's 'value' mixed fruits jam returned in its place. And then we emailed Cotton lots of photos depicting us all enjoying his special jam. Darren even made a couple of short films to celebrate which you can view here and here.

Firm but effective action I think you'll agree.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Office politics, don't you just love them?

I know someone at work that hordes things in their desk draw, refusing to let anyone even see them!

I'm trying to remember what Kelly was like when I worked with her, but I can't - she did nick all the sweets though!

Anonymous said...

It's Frank Cooper I feel sorry for. Does he know your boss had a pot of his special jam? I think not!