Friday, November 10, 2006

Music Survey

1. Which bands/artist do you own the most albums by?
David Bowie

2. What was the last song you listened to?
Shoot The Runner by Kasabian (on Radio 1 as I'm typing this)

3. What's in your CD player right now?
I Megaphone by Imogen Heap

4. What was the last show you attended?
Midlake at the ULU in London on Wednesday night

5. What was the greatest show you've ever been to?
2K at the Barbican in 1997 - a 23 minute performance of their F*** The Millennium single featuring The KLF in wheelchairs alongside Zodiac Mindwarp, The William Fairy Brass Band, a lifeboatmens' choir and a mass of striking Liverpool dockers. I've just found some footage of it on You Tube, check it out here!

6. What's the worst show you've ever been to?
I've seen loads of bad shows through work, but the most disappointing one that stands out was seeing Black Grape (minus Bez) at Brighton Centre. A complete shambles!

7. What's the most musically involved you have ever been?
DJing for Collapsed Lung (Eat My Goal, anyone?) at the Pressure Point in Brighton

8. Which band/artist do you dislike?
At the moment I'd have to say Razorlight

9. What shows are you looking forward to?
Our Radio 1 Chart Show Live concert on Sunday with Beyonce, Nelly Furtado, Girls Aloud and All Saints! Also Revl9n and Bat For Lashes in Brighton next
month.

10. What is your favourite band shirt?
I don't buy many band t-shirts nowadays, so would have to say my Brian
Jonestown Massacre logo shirt.

11. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?
Hmmmm... Bowie might be too intimidating, so maybe Dave Grohl, the nicest
man in rock?

12. Who is one musician or group you wish would make a comeback?
The The

13. Who is one band/artist you've never seen live but always wanted to?
Faith No More

14. Can you name five flawless albums?
Come Down by The Dandy Warhols
Babe Rainbow by The House Of Love
Oyster by Heather Nova
Soul Mining by The The
2 Many DJs as heard on Radio Soulwax part 2

15. If you could play in any band which band would you choose and what instrument would you play?
I think Soulwax would be fun... maybe percussion.

16. How many concerts/shows have you been to, total?
Hmmmm, I first started going to gigs in 1986 and I reckon I see on average one per week, so maybe around 1000?

17. Who have you seen the most live?
The Dandy Warhols - 8 times

18. What is your favourite movie soundtrack?
Natural Born Killers

19. What was your last musical "phase" before you wisened up?
I don't have phases, my tastes have always been eclectic

20. What's your "guilty pleasure" that you hate to admit to liking?
I almost bought the Girls Aloud Greatest Hits CD this week

No comments: