Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Suzanne Vega at the Dome

Suzanne Vega - Brighton Dome

Monday night I ended up going to see Suzanne Vega at the Dome with Kelly. I have to say, I really enjoyed the show - I went in with no expectations (not really knowing a lot of her material) and as it was a fully seated show it meant I could really focus on her performance without any other distractions. Opening and closing her set with Tom's Diner she played a varied selection of songs from her back catalogue plus new material from her current Beauty & Crime album. Highlights for me were Luka and Blood Makes Noise which were played with solo accompaniement from her bass player. After the rather disappointing Manics gig the other week it was a relief to discover the acoustics were excellent this time, with a crisp sound and clear vocals throughout. A pleasant surprise!

No comments: