Friday, March 02, 2007

Matt Berry at the Komedia

Matt Berry with Rich Fulcher - Brighton Komedia

I'd love to give you an incisive review of Matt Berry at the Komedia on Wednesday evening, but truth be told I was very, very drunk. I do know that he sang One Track Lover as featured in the hit TV series Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, but that's about as much as I can remember. I'd even forgotten that Rich Fulcher (aka Bob Fossil) his co-star in The Mighty Boosh! had joined Matt on stage for a few numbers until I saw my photos the next morning!

Let's just call it "The McEvoy Effect" (© Lauren) shall we? Yes, Paul was down from London with Louise, Michael & Laura in tow and we made the mistake of being on a liquid diet all evening... needless to say the end of the night is somewhat hazy (or indeed missing) and I was rather worried to hear my boss tell me that I was "a mess" in the Waggon sometime after 11pm as I have no recollection of going in there at all on my way home.

Paul, Matt and me... with more pints!

Oh yes, and Paul knows Matt fairly well so we got to meet him after the show. I have absolutely no idea what I said to him and just pray that I didn't make a total tit of myself.

The resulting hangover was an absolute killer... never again!

No comments: