Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I've been tagged...

Yesterday I was tagged by Kelly, so here's my responses to her set of questions...

What were you doing 10 years ago?

[ This is where keeping old journals etc. comes in handy! ]

I’d just moved into the coldest flat in Brighton and was working as the Assistant Box Office Manager at Brighton Centre. On 4th April 1996 we had Black Grape (minus Bez) in concert and I got my It’s Great When You’re Straight… Yeah! CD signed by the band.

What were you doing 5 years ago?

I’d just been made redundant via email while on holiday in Thailand (nice, huh?), so I’d decided to stay out there for an extra month. On 4th April 2001 I woke up in a basic wooden house in a tiny village in Lamphun province, having met (my Thai girlfriend) Am’s parents for the first time the day before and staying the night at their place. In the morning we paid a 6000 baht (about £100) deposit on a brand new Honda Dream, then rode to the local temple to have the bike blessed by the monks. Later in the day we made the 2-3 hour ride back to Chiang Mai, then in the evening I caught up with a couple of mates in one of the local bars - both of whom were down in the dumps experiencing women trouble.

What were you doing 1 year ago?

Much the same as today, on 4th April last year I was here in the Box Office selling tickets for Brighton Festival. I was logged onto MSN in the afternoon chatting with Nikita about recurring dreams, and spent the evening watching the first few episodes of series three of Millennium on DVD with my friend Steve.

5 Snacks you enjoy:

Bacon sandwiches
Belgian buns from Forfars
Doritos with a hint of lime
Hot buttered toast
Millie’s cookies

5 Songs (you think) you know by heart:

Bohemian Like You – The Dandy Warhols
Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
This Is The Day – The The
West End Girls – Pet Shop Boys
Wonderwall - Oasis

5 Things you would do with a LOT of money:

Give some to my colleagues so that we could all leave work
Give some to my close friends and family
Buy a house
Become a season ticket holder at Everton FC
Travel around the world with my best friend

5 Things you would never wear:

A ‘Same Same But Different’ t-shirt
Sandals
Short shorts
Vest tops
White socks with shoes (sorry Sean)

5 Things you should have never worn:

A 70s tan leather jacket which had been handed down to my Dad by one of his friends
A Belinda Carlisle sweatshirt
Black shoes with red laces when I was a student
Glasses from the age of 10 – 17
Multi-coloured shirts which looked like an explosion in a paintbox

5 Things you enjoy doing:

Catching the morning screening of a good film, sat in the far corner of a quiet cinema, armed with a large coffee and doughnuts
Discovering new music
Flying to foreign countries
Foreplay
Writing

5 Bad habits you have:

Blogging at work
Buying DVDs that I’ll never watch more than once
Indecisiveness, I think
Interrupting friends before they’ve finished speaking
Using ‘…’ in emails and posts all the time…

5 People you would like to do this:

Adz
Courtney
GG
James
Kumquat

2 comments:

Kelly said...

A Belinda Carlisle sweatshirt.

Oh babe!

James Moran said...

You tagged me, you swine! Oddly, I'll probably have many of the same things as you in my answers... Which will come very soon, honest, I'm really on top of this blogging thing...