Thursday, April 13, 2006

Dazed And Confused gets the Criterion treatment!

What's your favourite film? I hate that question... I've always got a rolling list of films that I love and can watch time and time again, but if I had to choose just one movie then I'd probably pick Dazed And Confused. So I'm delighted to read that it's due to get a DVD release from Criterion in June. Unlike last year's rather disappointing Universal edition, this brand new 2 disc set is mooted to include a decent array of special features, such as a commentary track from Richard Linklater, a 50 minute 'making of' documentary, original interviews and behind-the-scenes footage, deleted scenes, and coverage of the 10th anniversary cast reunion. With The Criterion Collection setting the benchmark of DVD quality, this is simply an essential purchase.

On a related note, I've discovered that Wiley Wiggins - Mitch in Dazed And Confused - has his own blog entitled News of the Dead, so I've added that to my links and you can read it here.

No comments: