Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Embrace at the Dome

Another Dome show for me this week although this time I was looking after the guest list so I didn't get in to see Embrace until their set was well underway. I used to really like them when they started out but I think this is the first time I've actually seen them live, I'd always been put off by Danny's vocals when I'd seen them perform live on TV. Thankfully now they're enjoying their second coming this seems to be no longer a problem anymore and Danny's vocal shortcomings are a thing of the past - instead he's an enthusiastic, confident front man, egging on the crowd at every opportunity. Even though the gig was nowhere near sold out there was still a good atmosphere and the band really seemed to be enjoying themselves, playing a set spanning material from their five albums to date. Keen to dispell rumours that the band are splitting, they encored with a new song (Heart And Soul I think it was called) and finished with Retread and a barnstorming version of Ashes.

No comments: