Thursday, August 24, 2006

London Calling...

Me with Christopher Smith at FrightFest 2005

In a few short hours I'm going to be on my way to London for this year's FrightFest event, running from Friday until Monday at the Odeon West End. Then on Tuesday - once I've recovered - I'm attending a focus group for the Extreme Films Research project, and then if I've got any stamina left, I might catch Serena Maneesh who are playing at Madame Jo Jo's later that night.

Most importantly though, tomorrow is the charity premiere for Severance (also at the OWE) with director Christopher Smith, members of the cast - and writer James - all in attendance for a Q&A after the film. And rumour has it that I might be on the guest list for the aftershow party too! The film opens nationwide on Friday and I hope you'll all go and see it! In the meantime Eat My Brains have just published an interview with Christopher Smith and leading lady Laura Harris on their site here and there's also a competition to win some props from the film!

I'll be back next week with all the FrightFest gossip, all my FrightFest movie haikus and everything else that happened in between - plus a report on tonight's gig by The Dandy Warhols which was effortless and brilliant!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wow, you are posting early today!!! Hope that you have a really great time and get loads of pictures if you do make it to teh aftershow party (or is that a little uncool? How would I know I have never been to one) but if you get a pic of Danny Dyer I might be a very happy Kel!