Sunday, May 15, 2005

Play It Cool in May

There's only been a select few CDs which have been on regular rotation this past few weeks and these are those:
  • Nerina Pallot - Fires (Idaho)
  • The Brian Jonestown Massacre - Tepid Peppermint Wonderland: A Retrospective (Tee Pee)
  • Garbage - Bleed Like Me (Warners)
  • Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth (Interscope)
  • The Dandy Warhols - Dandys Rule OK (Tim Kerr)

Unfortunately my blagging skills let me down last month and I ended up missing Nerina Pallot's support slot at the Komedia. Fingers crossed she'll do her own headline shows soon. I've been a fan of The Dandy Warhols for ages and recently picked up the DVD of the excellent rockumentary Dig! which follows the fortunes of them and The Brian Jonestown Massacre. As a direct result I've really got into the BJM's stuff and I'm delighted to see that they're gonna be over here supporting Black Rebel Motorcyle Club on tour next month. Garbage and Nine Inch Nails are both playing at Brixton Academy in the coming months and I'm now kicking myself that I wasn't quick enough to get tickets...

No comments: