Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The Hives at the Dome


The Hives have all the right moves... well, all of the Rolling Stones' moves anyway. They do sound great live but it has to be said that each song is pretty much interchangeable. And the whole between-song spiel to rouse the audience soon begins to tire and sound fake. As for vocalist Howlin' Pelle Almquist, what has he done to his appearance? The short hair... the wispy moustache? I was working in the Production Office backstage and he was lurking outside the door - in full white-suit band attire - and I still didn't recognise him. Of course, that's not the first time I've not recognised a rock star. My most infamous encounter happened at a Radiohead concert in 1997 when I spent the majority of the gig stood next to this short, scruffy looking chap wearing a woolly hat. It wasn't until after the show that one of my colleagues told me who I'd been standing beside. It was Michael Stipe.

1 comment:

YYZ Girl said...

I'd pee myself if I was standing beside him. Then he'd probably think I was a loser and run away...from all the pee smell.