Saturday, April 02, 2005

The End of an ER-a

Talking of people quitting television series, news reached me yesterday that Noah Wyle (who plays Dr Carter) has finally decided to leave ER after eleven series. He's the only surviving original cast member, so it's a pity - but I suppose inevitable - that he's decided to move on. Apparently he is contracted to appear in four episodes of the next two series, so I guess they're not gonna kill off his character altogether. Now I've been watching ER since it began, and whilst it's not quite as good as it used to be, it's still better than a lot of drama on television - but I have to wonder, who are the producers gonna bring in now to fill the massive void that Noah Wyle's departure is gonna leave? Hey, I think Christopher Eccleston has some free time coming up...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good! Get rid of him!! He was a load of old rubbish anyhow! Should never of got past the 1st series, in my view. Should have died in some bizarre scalpaling accident so far as I'm concerned!

Now who's to replace him? What about that nice bloke from Scrubs? He's medicalised trained and might bring some humour to that miserable bunch of gits whos' funny bones all need a bit of "Emergancy Resusitation" ha,ha!

THAT'S MY PERSCRIPTION!

Signed, Dr Smith