Monday, June 11, 2007

Manic Street Preachers at the Dome

The Manics - Brighton Dome

What to write about Manic Street Preachers as this was nearly a week ago and I've had a fair few drinks since then? I was looking after the guest list so missed the first part of their show, sadly only able to hear snatches of You Love Us and Motorcycle Emptiness drift out of the concert hall and across the bar. By the time I'd got changed and grabbed myself a drink it was probably midway through their set and they were ready to tackle Your Love Is Not Enough, one of their strongest songs to date - although without Nina Persson, much to my disappointment! The remainder of their songs spanned The Manics back catalogue, taking in such gems as Stay Beautiful, Kevin Carter, You Stole The Sun From My Heart and (inevitably) finishing off with A Design For Life. All well and good, but never quite felt a celebration like it did when they played the Brighton Centre a few years back... although matters weren't helped by a distinctly muddy sound throughout. Good to see them playing smaller venues, but sadly not their best ever gig. Or mine.

No comments: