Wednesday, March 02, 2005

TSOOL at the Concorde


I must be getting old, (sighs). After being deafened by Soulwax the other week I stupidly ventured down to the front again to watch The Soundtrack of Our Lives on Monday night. And (whoa, big surprise) they were f***ing loud too! My ears were buzzing again all day yesterday. Hmmmm... maybe I shouldn't stand at the front next to the speakers in future (durrr!). Anyway, TSOOL put on a great show which is all that really matters. (Unless I go completely deaf that is.) Singer Ebbot prowled the stage like some demented cult leader and it wasn't long before he was off the stage and singing by the barriers. The band played a mixture of old and new songs and even took a few requests from the audience (In My Veins and Nevermore during the encore). They finished off the night with a rousing rendition of 21st Century Rip Off during which Ebbot finally clambered over the barriers and put himself at the mercy of his fans... great stuff!

No comments: