Thursday, December 22, 2005

BKKIFF is Go!!

I've always been keen to attend some events at the Bangkok International Film Festival ever since Dave and I stumbled across the world premiere screening of Ong Bak there back in January 2003.

So this year, while thinking ahead to my Winter break, I thought I'd try and time my holiday to coincide with the 2006 BKKIFF in February. And then I had an even better idea - since I've been contributing some reviews to Eat My Brains this year, why not try and apply for Press accreditation? Since August I've been in contact with a lady in their Press Office who's been really helpful - advising me to send my application directly to her, bypassing their London office altogether - and with the help of Mike from EMB I submitted the relevant documents, buoyed with the news that fellow contributor David had just successfully secured a Press pass for this year's London Film Festival.

Finally yesterday, the news I'd been waiting for: my application has been approved! I am a bundle of nervous energy... I'm so excited about this, yet at the same time, absolutely sh*tting myself! I've no idea what's in store for me, but you can be sure that I'll be blogging about it here in February...

www.bangkokfilm.org

No comments: